Thursday, March 26, 2009

Two morning's wake up call






One day last week while getting out of bed I heard a bang on the window. I looked out and there sat a slightly dazed male quail! I felt bad for it having flown into our window, but also took the opertunity to take some pictures at a much closer distance than fully coherient birds allow. After a couple shots he must have been feeling better and seen me moving through the window and flew off. I got another chance though just a couple mornings later when a female quail did the same thing! That time a grabbed my zoom lens and took a lot more pictures to make sure I captured the slightly blind bird... the only thing we can figure is that the lighting is such at that time of day that the quail see a reflection in the window and try to fly through it. We haven't heard it happen again yet, but here are some of the pictures I got when it did.

No comments: