Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Crock Pot Chicken Chili

Sorry there's no picture, but here's a recipe I've made quite a few times that I think everyone who's had it has liked, so I figured I'd share it. It's nice since it's a crock pot recipe so I assemble everything in the morning and by the time I get home from work it's done. :) It's also good for the cold weather. I hope you enjoy.


Crock Pot Chicken Chili

Ingredients:
1 – 16 oz. can kidney beans, rinsed & drained
2 – 16 oz. cans chili beans (plain chili beans, no meat/no extras, un-drained)
2 – 14 ½ oz. cans diced tomatoes, un-drained
1 – 15 oz. can tomato sauce (optional, makes it soupier)
1 small or medium onion, chopped
2 cloves garlic, minced (or 1 teaspoon garlic powder)
2 Tablespoons chili powder
2 teaspoons salt
½ teaspoon cayenne pepper
1 ½ teaspoon ground cumin
½ teaspoon ground black pepper
1 teaspoon chicken bouillon granules
2 or 3 frozen chicken breasts (plain, skinless and boneless)

Directions:
Combine all ingredients into a 3 quart or larger crock pot, including whole, frozen chicken breasts. Cook on low for 8 to 10 hours. Remove chicken and shred, and then add back in to chili. Serve with grated cheese.

1 comment:

Rachel said...

Hi Jill! I actually made this a few weeks ago and it was great! I had saved the recipe from when you posted it last year and was eager to try it. Pass on more recipes, especially crockpot ones if you have them. Hope you are doing well!